NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

New Lunt 40mm H-alpha.

tico

Coincidentally just got an email from Telescope House saying that the Lunt 40 is now available to order with 7 to 10 day delivery. 

FLO said they could order them in when available so worth asking them for a price.

Yes, it seems a lot compared with the dollar price.  Having said that, if its as good or better than a good PST, then it's still the cheapest option if you want to avoid buying a Quark or Solar Scout.  Until recently the PST was still available new for a little less than £800 and the new 40mm may be better.

I have to say, I have a very early version PST on loan, which is badly affected by rust, but actually works very well.  I have used numerous PSTs over the years and it's one of the better performers.  It could turn out that the new 40mm Lunt could be something of a bargain. 

Edited by paulastro

1 hour ago, Mark at Beaufort said:

I would be interested to know whether my PST double stack unit could fit this new scope. Like Paul mentioned above I have an early PS T (2005) which suffers from the rust problem but works very well but after 16 years I deserve a new present.

I quite agree Mark, if you find it fits you should treat yourself, it's the least you deserve 😊.

If you do buy the new Lunt 40 I'd be interested in how you find it compared with the PST. I may have to buy one myself if the owner of 'my' PST wants it back some time, though I keep telling him it's rubbish.  I just hope he doesn't read some of the positive things I've said about it on various SGL forums 😁.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1