Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

How to unlock filters or spacers that are stuck in your telescope imaging or visual train

I have never needed any more than the palms of my hands but if you realy need mechanical aids then use a pair of table tennis bats, anything else introduces stress in the components..

Alan

Edited by Alien 13

1 hour ago, Clarkey said:

These look like a great idea. Do you know what they are called? I have a few m42 spacers that are stuck. These might be the answer.

Yeah, just go to your country amazon and search with words like camera lenses wrench unlock. They will pop.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Alien 13 said:

I have never needed any more than the palms of my hands but if you realy need mechanical aids then use a pair of table tennis bats, anything else introduces stress in the components..

I'm with you Alan except I use the soles of my shoes!

The soft heels (ethylene vinyl acetate apparently) on my Skecher house shoes are perfect for separating filters/spacers/reducers that have become one with each other.

• Like 2