Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Well. I've gone and done it now

powerlord

asi1600mm pro back in stock at flo... bought the bundle - 8 filter wheel, rgbl, sho. And a zwo focuser.

that's my 50th birthday present to myself (birthday in 2 weeks)

I'm puposefully not keeping a total, but it must be around 5k I've spent since I started this hobby 6 months ago...but hey ho, it's only money.. and it's not like I'm lubricating walls with it - it mostly has decent resale values.

It will not come as a surprise though that there is no mrs powerlord. It does make purchases decisions much easier. 🤪

I want to design some sort of quick release/attach for the ZWO focuser so I can swap it between my scopes.. that and learning to use the new kit is the summer task - ready for when we get some proper darkness.

plenty future plans too.. a pier.. an observatory.. who knows. I'm really enjoying this new hobby. Last big one was probably learning CAD and 3d printing 7 years ago, and before that, paragliding/paramotoring and sky diving. It's good to keep trying new things isn't it ?

stu

• Like 7

Stu,

Don’t worry,  some would consider your purchases relatively restrained. This hobby is dangerously addictive. Your gentle “isn’t it?” at the end of your post is a clear sign that you are beginning the feel the effects. 😄

I spent 25 years doing visual with a single pair of binoculars. I started AP a few years ago. Now I have an observatory at home and another one in Spain…😳

Edited by SimonIRE
  • Haha 3

Happy Birthday to you.

Happy Birthday to you.......

As you say it's only money. Unfortunately I do have a Mrs Clarkey. But she is very understanding as long as my wages go in the joint account!