NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M63 ZWO2600MC

tooth_dr

I'm working through my data, and after spending two evenings on this, I just cant get anywhere with it.  There was haze in some of the later subs, so I chucked those, and ended up with far less data than I had hoped for.  Plus the stars are bloated in the raw unstretched stack so I definitely overexposed too much with 300s subs.  Just getting my bearings with the new camera.  Here it is anyway :D

Adam

M63-test1.thumb.jpg.2affdd7bfc20989353ad10edfb4274e8.jpg

• Like 19

Probably my favourite galaxy is m63, and blimey there’s loads of small tiny galaxys in the background that are fascinating and mind boggling at the same time, as just how far away they are and we’re able to capture them with our equipment 

Edited by Craig a
  • Like 1

It looks very good to me and the colours are spot on. Have you cropped this? I assumed the 2600 would have a wider field of view. Will have to try the 2600MC on the 250PDS.

I'm still processing my M63 as some really strange gradient driving me crazy which is only on the L channel. 

3 hours ago, AbsolutelyN said:

It looks very good to me and the colours are spot on. Have you cropped this? I assumed the 2600 would have a wider field of view. Will have to try the 2600MC on the 250PDS.

I'm still processing my M63 as some really strange gradient driving me crazy which is only on the L channel. 

I did crop it to the middle 1/3.  There are some really funky galaxies in the full image, should post it later.

• Like 1