Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M101 - with video :)

Luke Newbould

Hey guys,

I had a good bit of clear skies earlier this week and decided to really go for it on one of my nemesis targets, M101.

It's long been a target that I'd struggled to get anything I actually liked from, results wise. - never had I really been happy with a photo I'd taken of it before!

well, after a long (but successful) night under the stars, all that changed! now I finally have an m101 i'm proud of.

In what's become now the norm for me, I recorded my session and turned it into a video to share my night with others :)

captured in Bortle 7 skies, with a 50% moon in the sky.

I used the following equipment -

Skywatcher Esprit 120ed super apo

ZWO ASI2600MC Pro

EQ6 mount

no filters

I hope you like it!

Cheers,

Luke

1971850042_m1012ndgofinal.thumb.jpg.7e9bd5bf9e983c69be2b5763db42a520.jpg

and here's the video!

m101 2nd go final thumbnail.jpg

• Like 18

Thank you so much guys! super pleased you liked it 👍- I'm sorry about the late reply

I'm really happy with how it turned out :) - after many disappointing attempts in the past, it was a relief to not chalk up yet another failed attempt!

Really chuffed you guys have enjoyed it! - and thank you for the lovely comments regarding the video too, I have so much fun every time out with astronomy so sharing it in that way with others too is just fantastic! I really appreciate your time

also @LuckieEddie - I just cropped NGC5474 for you here, I didn't know if to put more emphasis on this target during the video as it's quite important in the story of M101 itself and it's shape, such an interesting little section so I'm glad you picked it out! :) 

63097921_ngc5474.jpg.b2d612633f3afb7e2a5a624e32efd9ba.jpg

• Like 1