SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Geoptik Nadira or Berlebach Charon Observer's Chair ? 🤔

johninderby

Geoptik Nadira or Berlebach Charon Observer's Chair ? 🤔

Will be buying an observing chair in the next couple of weeks and am considering either the Geoptik or the Berlebach.

Both seem similar so which one to choose? Does either one have an advantage or is it a bit of a draw? Have read the various reviews on SGL but still not sure.

6002AD7F-C823-4919-81CB-593E0199F9ED.jpeg

The one with the built in handles has a two slot chair,more surface area to support the chair,less tipping I would think.I keep two cushions for comfort n fine tuning 

I only have experience of the Geoptik, but I can confirm that it’s excellent - beautifully made, very solid with easy adjustment. I use it all the time and really can’t fault it. The Berlebach does have a padded seat which might be useful for really long sessions, but not sure it’s worth another £70! You can also use the Geoptik as a reclining binocular chair, though it’s a bit of a faff to adjust the strap to convert it. Also has  a handy magnetic seat storage clip on the back. I think it’s really good value for money. 

Edit: Just another thought, the Nadira is a three legged configuration which I think will make it more usable on uneven ground. 

Edited by RobertI

I have the geoptik. Very well made and nice finish.  The angle  of the rear leg is adjustable via a nylon webbing. Which allows a more reclined seating posture towards zenith. The geoptik is also cheaper I seem to remember.

Thanks for your comments. 👍🏻

The prices are pretty much the same now from anyone that actually has stock. RVO is showing the Geoptik at the old price but doesn’t have stock although they expect new stock in April so will their price go up? Wouldn’t be surprised.

Favouring the Geoptik at the moment. 🤔

I’ve got the Berlebach Charon which I’m very pleased with. It’s fairly light and folds completely flat, thus easy to stow in the boot of my estate car. Never seen the Geoptik, so can’t compare. Oh, and it goes well with my 3 Berlebach tripods. The Danes might like their Hygge look, but I like the Mulda look 🙂

I was lucky enough to get in an FLO sale a while back.

Edited by JeremyS