Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What happened to AstroBaby's website?

What happened to AstroBaby and her website? She had the most wonderful guide on collimation with a cheshire. That's where I would usually send beginners not equipped with a laser collimator.

I would ask her myself via PM, but she hasn't been active here for a long while.

I'm trying to find a snapshot of her collimation guide on the Internet Wayback Machine, but it's being very slow right now.

Edited by ecormier

https://web.archive.org/web/20200618021614/http://www.astro-baby.com/astrobaby/help/collimation-guide-newtonian-reflector/

2 minutes ago, AngryDonkey said:

Beat me to it by seconds ! 🙂

If other pages from that site are what you want, run your cursor over the pretty coloured diagram and watch for the url you want to appear here

https://web.archive.org/web/sitemap/http://astro-baby.com/

Heather

I spoke to her (via e Mail) about 18 months ago and I believe she was having some problems with her website and was creating a new one.  I think I saved her collimation guide but can;t remember if it was a hard copy or a digital copy and I would have to search for it if anyone was desperate.  

Carole 

• Like 1

Thanks everyone. I generated and saved a PDF from the Wayback Machine link AngryDonkey has kindly provided. The formatting is a bit off, but all the information and pictures seem to be there. I hope everything is okay with AstroBaby.

• Like 2

Carole, I hope your mail finds her in good health and her letting the astro-baby domain go has been a small hiccup.  It would be a shame to lose the stripdown guides on he HEQ5, plus the other technical articles.

Hopefully you can put our minds at rest soon, and confirm she's fine 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, malc-c said:

It would be a shame to lose the stripdown guides on he HEQ5, plus the other technical articles.

I echo that sentiment. Her EQ6 guide has been an invaluable reference for me.
I've saved some PDFs from web.archive.org but there are some images missing unfortunately.

9 minutes ago, malc-c said:

Hopefully you can put our minds at rest soon, and confirm she's fine 

I hope so too.

I'm not suggesting the worst here, but when these sort of things happen you often wonder if something tragic has happened.

I've given my wife a list of forums and email contacts and told her that if something should happen out of the blue and I'm no longer here to log on to the PC at some stage and post a message to let people know.  This comes following an event a few years back.  I was corresponding via email with a chap up north after posting on a forum.  On most days we would send and receive between 3 and 15 mails depending what we were upto.  One day I sent a reply off and he said he would check something and send me a link in the morning..... that never arrived.   He stopped posting on the forum, and even with several mails from me asking for anyone to let me know he was OK I never to this day received any reply.  I have no idea what happened, and can only speculate, but it's that not knowing that ate me up for some time.

Let's hope that's not the case here and that Astrobaby is well and there is some other reason for the closure of her website

I'm not comfortable discussing someone's personal affairs here. While I hope things are all right with her, I mainly wanted to retrieve her collimation guide. Mods, please lock this thread.

My original post should have started as "What happened to AstroBaby's website". It's none of my business what happened to her.

Edited by ecormier
  • Like 2

• Stu locked this topic