Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Eyepieces befitting a Takahashi!

3 hours ago, jetstream said:

I think that when we get into this quality of equipment were splitting hairs for differences.

Haha I’m really glad to hear you say this! I am really enjoying choosing bits and pieces for this beautiful scope, especially with lockdown and rubbish weather. It still hasn’t seen first light!

I am keen to buy quality equipment and regard it as an investment. Use for future scopes would also be a bonus but I have absolutely no intention of ever parting with the FC-76, so a quality, lightweight kit would be great.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Nicola Fletcher said:

Haha I’m really glad to hear you say this! I am really enjoying choosing bits and pieces for this beautiful scope,

Yes, enjoy and have fun with this Nicola!

I also enjoy the pursuit of nice things- the Tak will punch above its weight...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stephenstargazer said:

I hate temptation it's so b***** hard to resist. I have not even got through the justification phase yet!!!🥴

Don’t  wait too long: it’s a great offer 😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Nicola Fletcher said:

Haha I’m really glad to hear you say this! I am really enjoying choosing bits and pieces for this beautiful scope, especially with lockdown and rubbish weather. It still hasn’t seen first light!

I am keen to buy quality equipment and regard it as an investment. Use for future scopes would also be a bonus but I have absolutely no intention of ever parting with the FC-76, so a quality, lightweight kit would be great.

And then there is always the lovely Q x 1.7 module. You’d end up with 2 scope in 1 👍🏻

5 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

And then there is always the lovely Q x 1.7 module. You’d end up with 2 scope in 1

Is this a one man campaign to revitalise the economy !🙃

Bit if you go with the Q1.7, review eyepieces of course.

Edited by Stephenstargazer
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Nicola Fletcher said:

so a quality, lightweight kit would be great

So then Nicola, with the scope, diagonal and eyepieces are all but sorted. What about the mount? One of the trickiest bits in a light travel set. Few light Eq mounts except Tegul. The Scopetech Zero looks good, but perhaps you want Goto or tracking? My experience with an AZGTi was not great, but works for some.I suspect quality issues.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nicola Fletcher said:

Stop - I am so ridiculously tempted to buy that!!! 

The Q's are seriously beautiful things, but in all honesty you really don't need one. Your scope will take power until it runs out of exit pupil just as it stands. Tak orthoscopics, or perhaps a Tak  4mm TOE would be nice. A barlow lens is a handy bit of kit, and most are very high quality, so you don't have to spend a lot.

• Like 3

The ScopeTech is a great mount and only 1.7 kg. If I was to buy a tripod again I’d go with a carbon one to keep the weight down.

The 4 mm TOE gives amazing silky high resolution views of the moon. As far as planetary EP’s you can actually buy they are in a class of its own. There are other premium planetary EP’s but no longer made.

Edited by Deadlake
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Stephenstargazer said:

So then Nicola, with the scope, diagonal and eyepieces are all but sorted. What about the mount? One of the trickiest bits in a light travel set. Few light Eq mounts except Tegul. The Scopetech Zero looks good, but perhaps you want Goto or tracking? My experience with an AZGTi was not great, but works for some.I suspect quality issues.

Careful - this might have to go to the mount thread!

I have a Giro Ercole Mini and am waiting for a lightweight carbon fibre tripod from Teleskop Express. It’s probably not as good as a Gitzo but they’re so expensive I’ll see if I can get a deal at some stage.

Thanks to @JeremyS I’m going for the Tak 6 x 30 finder, bracket and quick release shoe so the only things left are the diagonal and EPs! Thanks to everyone on here I’ve lots to think about and it sounds like I can’t go too far wrong. I’m delighted with the Tak and can’t wait to get it out to see how the setup works.

• Like 4

Some great sales people on here !

You pop in to ask about a couple of eyepieces and exit with a couple of sets of eyepieces, two additional scopes and a mount or two :grin:

If Arkwright ran an astro shop .......

Open All Hours | Everything I Know about the UK... I Learned from the BBC

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Nicola Fletcher said:

Careful - this might have to go to the mount thread!

I have a Giro Ercole Mini and am waiting for a lightweight carbon fibre tripod from Teleskop Express. It’s probably not as good as a Gitzo but they’re so expensive I’ll see if I can get a deal at some stage.

Thanks to @JeremyS I’m going for the Tak 6 x 30 finder, bracket and quick release shoe so the only things left are the diagonal and EPs! Thanks to everyone on here I’ve lots to think about and it sounds like I can’t go too far wrong. I’m delighted with the Tak and can’t wait to get it out to see how the setup works.

More Blue make a quick release finder shoe for Tak scopes at a fraction of the Tak price. They also offer a fine focuser far cheaper too. Have a look on FLO's web site!

• Like 1