Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Solar images from 8th March 2021

Nigella Bryant

Hi all, here is the HA and Baader K-line images from yesterday. Lunt 60mm DS and 80ed stopped down to 60mm plus Baader K-Line filter. Haven't really had much time to spend on these today but hope you like them. 

PSX_20210309_175326.jpg

PSX_20210309_175352.jpg

PSX_20210309_175413.jpg

PSX_20210309_175715.jpg

PSX_20210309_175744.jpg

Edited by Nigella Bryant
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

woo!! those are great! nice work.

I took my very first solar images yesterday and managed to capture the new spot using just my Canon DSLR at the prime focus of a 20cm SCT with Baader filter on the front and C Pol at the back. I think I am going to be getting into solar from now on (continuum filter on order).

Your images have inspired me! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StuartT said:

woo!! those are great! nice work.

I took my very first solar images yesterday and managed to capture the new spot using just my Canon DSLR at the prime focus of a 20cm SCT with Baader filter on the front and C Pol at the back. I think I am going to be getting into solar from now on (continuum filter on order).

Your images have inspired me! 

Welcome to the bright side of astronomy Stuart. You won't regret it, but your bank balance might, lol. Have fun with our star, it's very dynamic and change's daily, that's what I like about it.

• Like 1