NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

HOO, my first!

Rustang

Sorry, its the Rosette again! πŸ˜‰ So while the clouds are miss behaving and not allowing me to get some SII, I thought I would see what I could do with my Ha and OIII data. Never processed a HOO image before because I'm still new to Narrowband imaging and this is the first of this data that Ive captured. I'm still learning so be kind, I know Its pretty noisy which is due to the OIII only being 1hr 40 mins worth, I'm blaming the clouds! 😁 But I'm happy with it for a first attempt.

Β 

BiColourRosetteEditBpeg.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

No need to apologise for another Rosette - it's a joy to behold and an excellent first HOO image - certainly better than my first!

I took the liberty of reducing the green in the image and pulling the black point back a tad - makes the blue core region more blue and less cyan.

BiColourRosette-a.jpg.9b65c60f96e7d6428bc2f0f1a3665810.jpg

It also reduced the halos a little.

Hope you don't mind.

Adrian

Β 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Adreneline said:

No need to apologise for another Rosette - it's a joy to behold and an excellent first HOO image - certainly better than my first!

I took the liberty of reducing the green in the image and pulling the black point back a tad - makes the blue core region more blue and less cyan.

BiColourRosette-a.jpg.9b65c60f96e7d6428bc2f0f1a3665810.jpg

It also reduced the halos a little.

Hope you don't mind.

Adrian

No prob's, the blue does pop a little better. Whats your halo reduction technique!? :)

22 minutes ago, Adreneline said:

Β 

Β 

25 minutes ago, Rustang said:

Whats your halo reduction technique!?

To be honest it varies depending on the image. The halos on your image reduced because I reduced the green and pulled the black point a very small amount. I generally assess the stars in each master and if necessary use a star maks and MorphologicalTransformation in PI on the offending master - usually the OIII. In fact I nearly always end up reducing the star size a little in OIII to match Ha and SII; on the odd occasion SII needs a little reduction but if I've been really diligent with checking focus then I find Ha and SII are very similar.

Adrian

• Thanks 1

Its looking more and more likely that I wont be able to gather the data to create a proper SHO Rosette this season so I thought I would have another go at my HOO data. Its definitely less noisy and I personally love the colour's, its a false colour image at the end of the day so this is my artistic interpretation :)

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

HOOGoldenRose.jpg

Edited by Rustang
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

Fantastic Russ, really pleased all is working well.

Thanks Adam, I'm really happy with how its gone for a first dip into Narrowband, looking forward to improving more and seeing what I can do, it would help if we had to more clear nights though! πŸ˜ƒ

• Like 1