NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Bubble Nebula (NGC 7635) HaRGB

Adam1234

I've finally managed to process an HaRGB image of the Bubble Nebula (NGC 7635) in Cassiopeia that I started back in November last year but couldn't process as I'd never got round to capturing any blue data due to clouds. Well I now have some blue data that I captured a few weeks ago so have been able to put together an image.  Not sure I'm 100% happy with it (I don't think I ever am quite satisfied, but that's what I get when I try and compare my images to other peoples!) but considering I live in a light-polluted Bortle 8 zone at best, probably bordering on Bortle 9, I suppose it's not bad at all. 

39802853_BubbleNebula_HaRGB_1.thumb.jpg.b829c0ab5385838e8a6397676f29012a.jpg

Integration (total 6.9hr)

Ha = 50 x 300s (4.17hr)

R = 45 x 60s (0.75hr)

G = 60 x 60s (1hr)

B = 60 x 60s (1hr)

Equipment:

SkyWatcher ED80 DS-Pro + 0.85x reducer, EQ6-R Pro, ZWO ASI1600mm pro, ZWO filter wheel, Evoguide50 + ZWO ASI120mm mini (guiding)

Captured using AstroPhotography Tool and processed in PixInsight.

• Like 19

I've made a slight adjustment to the image - reduced the star presence following Light Vortex tutorial (I always struggle with star reduction but found that tutorial very helpful), and applied some TGVDenoise also - not sure if I've have overdone it with the TGVNoise though.

Hopefully it's an improvement!

2036613541_BubbleNebula_HaRGB_2.thumb.png.5da3d98f5b107fc031c59641d7a4585d.png

• Like 4

In fact now I look on a different monitor I am not sure 🙂 I think if I could take the bubble from the first one and pop it in the second it would be perfect. Apols if that's what you did but from here the first bubble has a bit more clarity.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, scotty38 said:

In fact now I look on a different monitor I am not sure 🙂 I think if I could take the bubble from the first one and pop it in the second it would be perfect. Apols if that's what you did but from here the first bubble has a bit more clarity.

Thank for pointing out! 

So the difference between the 1st and 2nd is that the 2nd has some star reduction and some extra noise reduction, so I expect that the extra noise reduction has affected the clarity of the bubble - I will undo the NR this evening and see if that looks better!

9 hours ago, scotty38 said:

How's this? I undone the noise reduction (as I suspect that was what caused the degradation in clarity of the bubble), then lessened the effect of the star reduction by blending the image with no star reduction with the image with star reduction in PixelMath

973643402_BubbleNebula_HaRGB_3.thumb.png.ff39afebf880e9534008e551001116f4.png

15 minutes ago, scotty38 said:

Ha, don't try any more for my sake as I realise the effort that goes into them. Really sorry but I think your first one is still the best to my eyes, I do really like that one...

First one it is then!

• Thanks 1