Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Focus controller for C11 with Pegasus Ultimate PowerBox

Can someone help please? I'm considering buying a Pegasus Ultimate Powerbox V2 for use on my Celestron C11 using a Skywatcher NEQ6 Pro mount. Among other things, I want the PowerBox to operate a Focuser for the C11 but am having difficulty finding a controller that works with the C11 and is compatible with the Powerbox. Any suggestions?

Edited by RicRob65

Like Richie092 above, I use a Lakeside motor. This works very well for me on my C11.  I presume you are intending your set-up for astrophotography, in which case the Pegasus system sounds ideal.  I also presume that your C11 has a "visual back" - so that you don't move the mirror when focussing. I use a Moonlite focuser fitted to a visual back, and I keep the mirror locked.  It works a treat.

Chris

It is a great piece of kit once up and running. There is a dedicated lead for each brand of focuser (not sure if the Pegasus might just be USB) so make sure you have everything you need to get going.

2 hours ago, RicRob65 said:

Can someone help please? I'm considering buying a Pegasus Ultimate Powerbox V2 for use on my Celestron C11 using a Skywatcher NEQ6 Pro mount. Among other things, I want the PowerBox to operate a Focuser for the C11 but am having difficulty finding a controller that works with the C11 and is compatible with the Powerbox. Any suggestions?

You don’t  need a controller, there is one built in to the Pegasus UPB all you need is the stepper motor on your scope....simples...👍🏼

Interestingly I am looking at this combo as well or the FocusCube v2 with the PowerBox Advance.  If I went with the FocusCube I would gett he hand controller as well so I can use autofocusing for imaging and have a handy controller for visual also.  Look nice units :).  Let us know how you get on...

Edited by dannybgoode

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/03/2021 at 10:33, RicRob65 said:

The easy way is one of these https://www.altairastro.com/pegasus-focuscube-v2-celestron-sct-c11-inch-edge-2265-p.asp

I used the variant for the 8” SCT with PUB V3

Edited by iapa