SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Rosette Nebula (Caldwell 49) + new filter

Dinglem

Hi I've been struggling for ages to get an half decent image out of Pixinsight since I purchased it last year. What with the lack of clear nights and spare time to do any astrophotography, I was amazed to notice we would be getting some clear nights and they were at the weekend.

I also noticed there would be a near full moon so I bit the bullet and ordered an L-Extreme filter from @FLOand it arrived in 2 days, great service as ever, and none of the promised clouds arrived with it. 👍

So I decided to go for a fairly bright target, I got 5 hours of data, 60*300s subs, darks, flats and dark-flats. This was with my Esprit100 and modded 450D, I use APT for controlling and capturing and PHD2 for guiding. I'm quite pleased with my result, I know I could probably tweak out some more colour/details but everything I seem to do after this point seems to ruin it, so much to learn. Well I'm open to constructive criticism and guidance in how to improve my processing.

Rosette_Nebula_Processed.jpg

Edited by Dinglem
I've put it in the wrong place, it should be in Imaging
  • Like 1