NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Glad I Kept The Long Frac!

To think I came close to selling this fine telescope (Bresser AR 127L) when all I needed to do was buy a Geoptik Nadira Observing Chair!  Makes it really easy to use the 'scope at high altitude - the lowest setting is about 23cm.  Fabulous bit of kit, with six positions in total, nicely made, sturdy, adjustable and comfortable back, and so easy to move the seat - it simply slots into the holes in the back.

So now the slow, long focus frac is not only easy to swing about on the Skytee II, it's also a joy when used over a wide range of altitudes.  

Great 'scope, coming in for a lot more use - really pleased I didn't let it go.  Bring on those doubles!

Doug.

P1080535.JPG

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

Does look good - I've had the cheap Skywatcher one for a while and as a more ahem rotund gentleman of ample proportion, find the clamps slipping rather alarmingly when the pipes get a bit dewy and wet. Something with fixed positions appeals a lot!

That's a lovely setup overall.

• Thanks 1

Doug I didn't want to say anything but I knew you would have kicked yourself if you had sold it I bought a ironing chair cut the legs down to the right height for me to put my feet flat on the floor I also bought one of these for when it's lower. 

Screenshot_20210218-225438_eBay.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, cloudsweeper said:

To think I came close to selling this fine telescope (Bresser AR 127L) when all I needed to do was buy a Geoptik Nadira Observing Chair!  Makes it really easy to use the 'scope at high altitude - the lowest setting is about 23cm.  Fabulous bit of kit, with six positions in total, nicely made, sturdy, adjustable and comfortable back, and so easy to move the seat - it simply slots into the holes in the back.

So now the slow, long focus frac is not only easy to swing about on the Skytee II, it's also a joy when used over a wide range of altitudes.  

Great 'scope, coming in for a lot more use - really pleased I didn't let it go.  Bring on those doubles!

Doug.

P1080535.JPG

Great Stuff Doug👍.

I too have a Nadira courtesy of my two daughters a couple of Christmases ago, and have just come inside after sitting on it and having it at 3 different heights during the session (tonight I used tripod mounted 60mm binos plus my 60mm D12 Carton Refractor and was able to get comfy with each).

I did find the image below which I really like: I've been using an old towel as padding, but seeing the image below, posted by the chairs' owner, Steve Clay, I think that this is an ingenious solution - and once this lockdown is over I plan to visit Lidl to get something similar!👍

Dave

Nadira Chair with padding.jpg

Edited by F15Rules
  • Like 6

8 hours ago, wookie1965 said:

Doug I didn't want to say anything but I knew you would have kicked yourself if you had sold it.

So right, Paul - I'd have had a job getting something to replace it as an all-rounder and doubles-hunter!

Doug.

8 hours ago, F15Rules said:

Great Stuff Doug👍.

I too have a Nadira courtesy of my two daughters a couple of Christmases ago, and have just come inside after sitting on it and having it at 3 different heights during the session (tonight I used tripod mounted 60mm binos plus my 60mm D12 Carton Refractor and was able to get comfy with each).

I did find the image below which I really like: I've been using an old towel as padding, but seeing the image below, posted by the chairs' owner, Steve Clay, I think that this is an ingenious solution - and once this lockdown is over I plan to visit Lidl to get something similar!👍

Dave

Thanks Dave (and Steve) - that padding is a great idea, something to look into!

Doug.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cloudsweeper said:

So right, Paul - I'd have had a job getting something to replace it as an all-rounder and doubles-hunter!

Doug.

Thanks Dave (and Steve) - that padding is a great idea, something to look into!

Doug.

And of course, Doug, the very BEST feature of the Nadira Chair is that it's got a HANDLE!!😂🤣😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice. It was my 50th at the weekend and one of my friends (who is into woodworking) rocked up with this as a present that he'd made himself. I was so thrilled and surprised. It's not suitable for the balcony so I will have to wait until curfew ends here. I can't wait.

WP_20210228_19_12_16_Pro.jpg

• Like 7