Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Another cracking night in prospect

Saganite

40 minutes ago, Saganite said:

The extra 1" of aperture has paid off as I knew it would and I got a nice split of Tegmin about 40 minutes ago. High cloud is now encroaching.

Yep - I've now got that cloud that @Zermelo mentioned above :rolleyes2:

I found the 20mm that the ED120 had over the Tak 100 took Tegmine from "heavily notched" to "split". One of the reasons that I have held onto the ED120 despite obtaining the Tak 100 and the LZOS 130 - it's optics are superb and it is a very easy to handle and rugged near-5 inch refractor :smiley:

Edited by John
  • Like 1

Same here Saganite. Packed up 30 mins ago. Started out nice and promising at 7pm, but then a high thin haze rolled in and steadily thickened. Ah well, had  fantastic night last night, so two on the trot was maybe a bit much to expect. I love that 5" f15 of yours - beautiful!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, John said:

Yep - I've now got that cloud that @Zermelo mentioned above :rolleyes2:

I found the 20mm that the ED120 had over the Tak 100 took Tegmine from "heavily notched" to "split". One of the reasons that I have held onto the ED120 despite obtaining the Tak 100 and the LZOS 130 - it's optics are superb and it is a very easy to handle and rugged near-5 inch refractor :smiley:

Hey - it cleared, and I put the scope out again !

Scope got cool, put eyepiece in to look at Sirius. No Sirius. No clear sky ...... again !

Given up now for tonight - fed up with behaving like a yo-yo :rolleyes2:

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Marki said:

Same here Saganite. Packed up 30 mins ago. Started out nice and promising at 7pm, but then a high thin haze rolled in and steadily thickened. Ah well, had  fantastic night last night, so two on the trot was maybe a bit much to expect. I love that 5" f15 of yours - beautiful!

Thanks Mark, I consider myself very fortunate to possess such a fine telescope particularly when I remember that the height of my ambition used to be a scope as fine as Sir Patrick's 3" refractor.

Glad you have had some fine observing, it is good for the soul..:grin:

Steve

Edited by Saganite