Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skywatcher Evostar 72ED and Canon 450d

Hi all, 

I've got my eyes on an Evo 72ED that I intend to use for imaging using my Canon 450d.

I'm struggling to figure out what additional parts I'll need to add to the telescope for use on my EQ3 pro. 

I'm aware that I'll need a flattener but not sure at what reduction (if at all, I see some recommendations to use a 1:1).

It would also be handy to know what length extension tube I'll need to achieve focus (if any) or any other bits I'll need to plug the camera into the scope. 

12 minutes ago, SStanford said:

I'll need a flattener

depends on your budget either the dedicated SW one of the OVL one a lot cheaper  if you want to use without a FF then you will need some extensions 2" approx 70 ish mm to achieve focus with your 450D plus a t2 adapter to attach to the camera

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/reducersflatteners/ovl-field-flattener.html  £72-00

or

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/pro-series/skywatcher-85x-reducerflattener-for-evostar-72ed-pro.html £185-00

diagram-01 (1).jpg

Edited by fozzybear
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Alien 13 said:

I would personally get a 2 inch extension piece or a 2 inch camera adapter anyway as at its native focus its still handy for full disc Lunar imaging etc.

Alan

Agree with Alan aka @Alien 13 and no harm posting a wanted add here for the OVL Flattener you never know...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, SStanford said:

Thanks both. 

Seems I'll be biding my time a while before any of these bits become free. I'll be sticking quite a lot on the wanted section! 

no harm in doing it you never know. I was amazed when looking for stuff sorry equipment. And low and behold...…. 75% my kit sourced here on SGL

Edited by fozzybear
  • Like 1