Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sharpstar 94

• 2 months later...
On 30/01/2021 at 13:59, DaveS said:

This is the equivalent TS flattener. There are recommended adaptors further down the page.

I was just looking at buying one these flatteners today and came to conclusion like you that the TS 2.5" flattener you linked and the Sharpstar are identical. The Sharpstar comes with an adapter/extender to deal with the longer backfocus and costs nearly £60 less than the TS version. might bight the bullet as it will screw straight into my focusers with M68 and the bundled adapter deals with the M69 side down to M48.

On 01/01/2021 at 04:23, tooth_dr said:

Does anyone know which screw to adjust to tighten the focuser?

There's one screw that bears on the pinion and one that bears directly on the tube.  I would adjust each to discover what combination of tension on each works best for your situation.

11 minutes ago, Louis D said:

There's one screw that bears on the pinion and one that bears directly on the tube.  I would adjust each to discover what combination of tension on each works best for your situation.

Thanks, scope was returned to the retailer some time ago.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...