Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Larger weight for star adventurer

Hi all

this will probably be the silliest question of the day,  but here goes. My current set up on my SW star adventurer is right on the limits of the 1kg counterweight, I’ve seen that ioptron sell a larger weight for their tracker. Does anyone know wether this will fit on the star adventurer? 

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/ioptron-mount-accessories/ioptron-135kg-counterweight-for-skytracker-skyguider-pro-mounts.html

thanks

Jack

Hi 

Thanks for the quick response. I did think of putting a second weight on but that would make it 2kg where as the ioptron is 1.3kg so I thought it would be a better compromise.

All the best 

Jack

1 hour ago, jackp93 said:

Hi all

this will probably be the silliest question of the day,  but here goes. My current set up on my SW star adventurer is right on the limits of the 1kg counterweight, I’ve seen that ioptron sell a larger weight for their tracker. Does anyone know wether this will fit on the star adventurer? 

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/ioptron-mount-accessories/ioptron-135kg-counterweight-for-skytracker-skyguider-pro-mounts.html

thanks

Jack

How about extending the counter weight bar. 

Hi

I've managed a mini extension as I had a bolt with the same thread so it's given me about another 1” 1/2. Which has helped me get a good balance but I'm right at the end. I think I will try going down the second weight route as it can always be removed if it is too weighty.

All the best

Jack

Made some stainless steel ones for mine and longer weight bar, also fit existing bar, Telescope house are selling Meade ones half price, need drilling out and locking bolt fitting but easy enough if you've got a pillar drill and into DIY.

Use a Lunt LS60DS on mine so needed more counterweight.

Curiously same size as SW ones, weight I.83 Kilo

Dave

SWSA-weight-1.png.ed7534b0acddcc5d63c3c7d16f0a969a.png

SWSA-Weight-2.png.a003f77c38f648e3fdd3b31accd9688b.png

Edited by Davey-T

Thanks for all the ideas. Unfortunately the most hands on I can do is putting the star adventurer together, and I still managed to put the batteries in the wrong way on my first attempt. So I don't think I will be able to make any additional weights. 

All the best 

Jack