Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

How to connect EQR6 to a lithium battery through an adaptors

Hi everyone, 

I have been collecting my equipment and trying to get it to work for 3 months now and I am reaching dead ends everyday. I am trying to use my EQR6 in a camp site so i have no access to electricity, I got a celestron lithium battery which seems to have only a USB port to use, Is there some sort of an adaptor that can change a normal electricity ratchet into a USB! 

IMG_4518.HEICIMG_4518.HEICimage.thumb.png.08dafbe23797da040b25e68039972585.pngpe

IMG_4520.HEIC

49 minutes ago, sf725 said:

Hi everyone, 

I have been collecting my equipment and trying to get it to work for 3 months now and I am reaching dead ends everyday. I am trying to use my EQR6 in a camp site so i have no access to electricity, I got a celestron lithium battery which seems to have only a USB port to use, Is there some sort of an adaptor that can change a normal electricity ratchet into a USB! 

What is it you are trying to power? the top connector (the one with the cable plugged in) is the 12v output port for a mount as well as the charging port. The USB port will only put out 5v so may not be sufficient for what you want to achieve.

What's on the other end of the top cable and what's the connector on the EQ6R.  Be careful with polarity, I would have thought a suitable cable would be supplied with one of the items but........ 

Picture heavy thread here may help 

EDIT:   perhaps something like this ? 

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/astronomy-cables-leads-accessories/lynx-astro-silicone-power-cable-21mm-dc-jack-to-gx12-2-dc-jack.html

Edited by Mick J

If this Celestron Li-ion battery is anything like my Celestron LiFePO4 battery pack, the 12V tip positive socket acts as both input and output.

If your EQ6-R came with a stock 12V cigarette plug, you will need an adapter from here: https://www.firstlightoptics.com/power-accessories/lynx-astro-silicone-21mm-dc-jack-to-female-cigarette-socket.html

• Like 1

As shown in your attached picture, you already seem to have the right cable. It is even connected to the power unit and the connector for the mount is laying on the floor next to the charge  unit...

Try to avoid those 🤬cigarette connectors! they really s...

Edited by Waldemar