Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Moon and Mars conjunction 25-11-20 in North Cornwall

AstroNebulee

Here is my final image of the conjunction between the moon & Mars last week using my canon 450d and 18-55mm lens The image is composed of 2 images, one taken on a longer exposure to show Mars but the moon was blown out so took a short exposure to get the moon in focus then merge together in ps with some tweaking. 

Moon-Mars-25-11-20-best.jpg

• Like 10

22 minutes ago, Nik271 said:

Beautiful image! I like the dramatic glow of the clouds. 

17 minutes ago, Yawning Angel said:

A tricky shot to pull off, well done!

15 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Love it, I too love the drama those clouds add.

Thank you, I love trying to get these or any kind of conjuctions with my dslr and tripod. I love when you can get the odd cloud in moon conjunction shots to add drama rather than just a flat image. Just hope when it's the great Jupiter and Saturn conjunction later this month no clouds appear or when the crescent moon, Jupiter and Saturn conjunction this month. Clear skies 📷🌌🔭

Edited by LeeHore7
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, maw lod qan said:

Very nice image! 

And yes, as much as the members who lean to the dark side hate them, the clouds with the Moon always adds to its beauty!

Thank you, I'm not a fan of clouds but on this occasion were most welcome for the purpose of atmosphere, clear skies