HELP NEEDED! Anyone own a scientific explorer 127 ED triplet

Hi I'm hoping someone owns a scientific explorer 127 ED triplet scope. I purchased one over the summer to start astrophotography. I'm struggling to view anything with the scope. I've struggled to get anything in live view on my camera. And I'm also not getting anything through eyepieces when using them. I've tried using the 2 extension tube pieces but still no luck. I'm not sure if its something I'm doing or faulty scope. Any help much appreciated TiA

Hi

I've got a 127 Explore Triplet. I've only had it for a couple of weeks but due to weather had it out last night for first time using my Nikon D5600 and ASIair Pro. I also have the field flattener for it.

If using a DSLR with the field flattener it will only just come into focus with the focuser  fully extended using the 2 rings supplied - and that is on a star! Looking at an object at say 1 - 2 miles then it may not come into focus with the 2 rings. The quick fix is not to insert the field flattener/camera adapter its full length ie, scope needs more extension. I'm trying to get an extra ring but no reply yet from Bresser.

Hope this helps

G

59 minutes ago, GrampyG said:

Hi

I've got a 127 Explore Triplet. I've only had it for a couple of weeks but due to weather had it out last night for first time using my Nikon D5600 and ASIair Pro. I also have the field flattener for it.

If using a DSLR with the field flattener it will only just come into focus with the focuser  fully extended using the 2 rings supplied - and that is on a star! Looking at an object at say 1 - 2 miles then it may not come into focus with the 2 rings. The quick fix is not to insert the field flattener/camera adapter its full length ie, scope needs more extension. I'm trying to get an extra ring but no reply yet from Bresser.

Hope this helps

G

I don't believe I have a field flatener? I haven't tried using it to focus on an object during the day. I need to do my star alignment on my mount but can't get anything to show in the eyepiece at all. And can't get anything to show on live view on camera either. 

58 minutes ago, Leewfc said:

Canon 600D but I can't get anything using eyepieces either? Really struggling

A rough guide is to measure from the front element down the tube 950mm to where the sensor on the camera is. So assuming you have a t ring on the camera, its 55mm from the ring to sensor, the front of the t ring needs to be approx 895mm from the front element. That should be close to focus on a far away object.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, david_taurus83 said:

A rough guide is to measure from the front element down the tube 950mm to where the sensor on the camera is. So assuming you have a t ring on the camera, its 55mm from the ring to sensor, the front of the t ring needs to be approx 895mm from the front element. That should be close to focus on a far away object.

Any idea why I'm not getting anything in my eyepiece though?

1 hour ago, Leewfc said:

Any idea why I'm not getting anything in my eyepiece though?

With an eyepiece you will need to focus even further out than with a camera.  The telescope is most likely to need a diagonal for visual use.    🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1