Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

mosaics redone

neil phillips

Had lots of time recently to redo this, i originally took it with my DFK colour camera, mainly as a experiment to see how it performed in colour on the moon, however it seemed to do odd things in colour, so i redid it with greyscale in mind. On this occasion i did a registered avi on a lot of pieces to allow a lot more alignment points, the idea was to tighten everything up, not sure if i have ?, I also added as many pieces on as i could find on my hard drive that i took that night. Shame about all the gaps wish i had carried on mapping now

50 frames a peice

10" Europa, DFK , and spc 900 mono webcam

3204281268_6f2386c326_b.jpg

FULL SIZE

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3339/3218595672_c10c9ea5d1_o.png

Again a registered avi with many points, same goal in mind

3204274322_fb53045663_b.jpg

FULL SIZE

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3265/3204274322_b58c8ba110_o.png

Hi Dave yes im still using V4 it took ages to learn how to get some good processing out of it ( i still no nothing now lol ) i have experimented with avi stack but to fully understand it i think will take a lot of learning. tutorials and talking to people and such. Its like rocket science to me at the moment. I have done a couple of stacks from it. but not fully understanding it is a bad way to process. hence registax will still be getting more attention. I do however think avi stack may actually be superiour if one knows what there doing ( which i dont yet ) mainly because of the amount of points it can use, i think its very powerful. As time goes by i may try to get my head around it a bit more,

But v5 is on the way and that also has a couple of neat things up its sleeve. look foward to that

the theophilus image was done with about 40 points ( might have been higher up to 60 points ) if i remember. Using a registered avi, As my polar alignment is naff without a polar scope on the Vixen, so drift is bad. got a polar scope now on the eq6 need to align that and learn how to use it never done it before though. should be fun. If i get any trouble hope i can bend your ear. waiting on Orion now for delivery date. Been told less than 4 weeks hopefully

Cheers for the positive comments

Hi Dave yes im still using V4 it took ages to learn how to get some good processing out of it ( i still no nothing now lol ) i have experimented with avi stack but to fully understand it i think will take a lot of learning. tutorials and talking to people and such. Its like rocket science to me at the moment. I have done a couple of stacks from it. but not fully understanding it is a bad way to process. hence registax will still be getting more attention. I do however think avi stack may actually be superiour if one knows what there doing ( which i dont yet ) mainly because of the amount of points it can use, i think its very powerful. As time goes by i may try to get my head around it a bit more,

But v5 is on the way and that also has a couple of neat things up its sleeve. look foward to that

the theophilus image was done with about 40 points ( might have been higher up to 60 points ) if i remember. Using a registered avi, As my polar alignment is naff without a polar scope on the Vixen, so drift is bad. got a polar scope now on the eq6 need to align that and learn how to use it never done it before though. should be fun. If i get any trouble hope i can bend your ear. waiting on Orion now for delivery date. Been told less than 4 weeks hopefully

Cheers for the positive comments

Have to agree about avistack, used it once got good results, came to use it again and didn't have a clue how to even get started. It comes with good documentation, which is just as well as it's quite complicated and entirely different to Registax. I'm not sure you need it TBH, you seem to have got it nailed with Registax, I would be very happy if I could get results like these. Your shots a certainly the "blue print" when I come to processing my own shots.

Hope your new scope turns up soon!

Using the polar scope on an EQ6 is a piece of cake, you only need callibrate it once, then it's just a case of dropping Polaris in a small circle with the alt/az adjusters.

Archived