M31 - The Andromeda Galaxy (2020 Edition)

eshy76

Hi Everyone!

This has been a disruptive year for me (even apart from the pandemic) resulting in a house move right in the middle of nebula season! But while temporarily staying at my mother's house with my equipment, I managed to get a couple of nights' worth of data of M31 from her garden in Tooting, South West London.

I lost quite a few subs to...foxes triggering the neighbour's security light! But got a good amount of data.

This year I managed to get more Ha into the image by masking the stars and blending it with the red channel.

8 hours of LHaRGB data - captured in Bortle 8-9 skies. WO Z73/ASI1600/CEM25P combination.

Full details here

Thank you for looking!

1359726372_M312020-09-20_copy_2212x1641.thumb.png.a88d7d39ef9794f0b976558d6ba1c843.png

• Like 21

Thank you Paul and Crackabarrel...yes a pretty satisfying result from a not promising location!

Also not helping is my mount which is struggling now, next to no South movement in PHD2...will need to open it up and try to tighten the DEC belt...but thankfully, this focal length is very forgiving!

Thank you maw lod qan and bottletopburly for the kind words!

I don't know about talented, but maybe experienced! I'm approaching 3 years into this exhilarating hobby and, certainly for the widefield refractor setup, I have a process for capture and processing steps that I've settled on which gives nice results! As you know, a LOT of trial and error needed to get up to that point!

SCTs are a different matter...

• Like 1