Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Unexpected opportunity

Dantooine

Came home from work really really tired. Clear sky showing moon, Jupiter, Saturn and mars. How can these things be resisted.. for me they can’t.

Set up and with tired eyes went for it. Jupiter washed out easily however Saturn was amazing at 198x, very 3D tonight. Mars was good up to the 150 mark, ice and lots of dark markings.

Tonight’s bonus was the ring nebula before my eyes started to give up on me. Nothing like an unexpected patch of clear, I’ve had my fix so bring in tomorrow’s rain 🌧 

sorry my reports are not very technical. Something I need to perfect. 

• Like 9

A very unexpected observing session tonight. A great view of  the ring nebula and cat eye nebula. The double cluster. Andromeda and the gas giants.

Had to pack up before Mars cleared the houses sadly but a great viewing session!

I'm really glad I spent some time last weekend doing a thorough collimation.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Barry-W-Fenner said:

A very unexpected observing session tonight. A great view of  the ring nebula and cat eye nebula. The double cluster. Andromeda and the gas giants.

Had to pack up before Mars cleared the houses sadly but a great viewing session!

I'm really glad I spent some time last weekend doing a thorough collimation.

Sound like we’ve had a similar evening. Tough on a work day though. Nice one 👍

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, John said:

Sounds good to me !

Nothing but clouds here for the past few nights. I could do with a short non-technical stargaze :smiley:

I've got a nice barlow to try out .... :wink:

Did I miss something, John? New Barlow?

• Like 1