Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Need Help with IC5070

Northernlight

Hi All,

I'm just trying to get back into imaging and i've just been working on IC5070 in Narrowband and really struggled to process the image. I've attached my poor attempt, but would be interested to see what other can do with my data.

I've put my narrowband subs on google drive - please feel free to try and process them as i would really like to see what the pro's can do with my data and see if they can turn it into a half decent image.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1PhbJ2bZ9exJREHOd1YI-nuoUjGkfKEIW?usp=sharing

IC5070.jpg

All the best,

Rich.

Edited by Northernlight
update
  • Like 7

Thanks Alan, but i'm not happy with it, struggling to get the golds of the lower region as they are more reddish no matter what i try and the stars aren't the best  in the nebula region - i think i need to maybe comine a star mask with  a colour mask to try and control them when i chnage the nebula colour.

I tried removing the stars with starnet, whilst i was processing the nebula but it seemed to only make it worse.

I don't think it's poor at all. The processing hasn't tried to take the data beyond what it wants to give and that's always a key issue. The black point has been left nice and high and the colour isn't over-saturated. I can see that you might want to lose the golden outer glow around the stars, though. I'm afraid I don't know how to do this since I don't do any false colour imaging but I think I remember reading about how people lose the magenta halos from Hubble Palette images in PI. They invert the image so that magentas become green and then run SCNR green.  There might be some way of adapting this principle toy your palette, I don't know.

Olly

Image isn't that bad, chrominance is a little strong in the stars. Try this:

Use Starnet, tick the create star mask option.

On the star mask, play with curves, chrominance/saturation etc but just small tweaks.

On the nebula, I would try to lighten it, I think to get a lighter yellow you might need a hint of green adding. If the dark structures look pale then there's always the Dark structure script.

Once happy with both, re combine with Pixel math.