New Setup!

Hi All,

Received a 80mm F/5 Refractor Celestron yesterday looks really nice from the outside but as yet i have not had chance to try it yet outside. The purpose of this scope is so i can take it with me on my nightly walks out of the Lightpollution this works great with my Photo Tripod all pack's away in a Travel/Shoulder bag.

Another reason to is for wide field imaging on the Heq5 mount hehe i think the mount will take it :lol:.

I'll post a pic later of the setup.

James

PS:Thanks Jamie for the scope :)

(the Grab & Go refractor seems to be breeding!)

Very true Steve i think it's down to the clouds and getting quick peeps in between the Gaps :)...

Iam hopeing too use the scope for bird watching too :lol:

Caz,

I'l use the bench's for my eyepieces and Flask of Tea :)

I have a 80/f5 scope in the shape of a nexstar 80gt. It's a great little scope and very portable. Even fully loaded on it's tripod with goto I can pick the whole lot up with one hand and walk it into the backyard. The only bugbear i have with it is that it doesn't take 2" eyepieces for those REALLY wide field views. I was half considering buying an 80ED to replace the OTA and keep the tripod/goto.

Cheers Martin, Targets Mmmmmmmm first one to come to mind is the American Nebula end of April it's quite a wide one but i reakon i may just get it in the Dslr if not 2 images stiched hehe..

Pics soon just setting up software on new Lappy..

James

Cheers Martin, Targets Mmmmmmmm first one to come to mind is the American Nebula end of April it's quite a wide one but i reakon i may just get it in the Dslr if not 2 images stiched hehe..

Pics soon just setting up software on new Lappy..

James

Fantastic choice. Your set up should be just the job. another S@N appearance in the making methinks :lol::)

it.... works...... sort of hehe

to be honest i dont use the goto that much. I just like to use the controller to slew the scope and use the red dot finder to search for whatever takes my fancy. Im a lazy astronomer hehe.

If you can get one of those new fangled sky align hand controllers i've heard they are fantastic. just point the scope at any 3 bright objects and your aligned and done. Mine you have to level the tube and point at north, then align on 2 stars. It's a bit tedious and i prefer to just use the slewing tbh.

Thats nothing JD, theres a guy called Andy in this months S@N magazine letters section who only changes his underwear as often as most people buy new scopes. :shock: :shock:

Wouldn't wanna be a pair of his pants!!!!!!!!! :insects1: :insects1: :insects1:

Archived