NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Question about clear outside app

I have started using 'NightShift' in conjunction with CO. They both give slightly different forecasts, so I'm trying to compare the 2.

Nightshift's display is better than the CO app, I think. But I like the CO webpage display the most.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, globular said:

Is that android only @Pixies?  I've searched on ios but can't seem to find it :icon_scratch:

It is on Android. Not sure if it's exclusively, though.

You maccies have DarkSky, though - don't you? That was pulled from Android after Apple bought it.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Pixies said:

It is on Android. Not sure if it's exclusively, though.

You maccies have DarkSky, though - don't you? That was pulled from Android after Apple bought it.

Thanks @pixies.

DarkSky and CO use the same data so will give the same forecast.  (And CO is good for another year or so - and even beyond I'm sure they'll find a data provider - so I'll stick with them).
I was hoping to augment the CO / DarkSky info with one from another source / forecasting model - ideally one used and recommended by a SGL user.
More sources = better picture. In theory at least.
Oh well. 

Just now, globular said:

Thanks @pixies.

DarkSky and CO use the same data so will give the same forecast.  (And CO is good for another year or so - and even beyond I'm sure they'll find a data provider - so I'll stick with them).
I was hoping to augment the CO / DarkSky info with one from another source / forecasting model - ideally one used and recommended by a SGL user.
More sources = better picture. In theory at least.
Oh well. 

Tonight the 2 apps have different forecasts:

image.png.b1c6fc1cbbca8ebce2af9a9e63240c22.png

image.png.4f98728624fc98561782a7618dd8a363.png

I'm hoping CO is correct.

They both agree it's good until 1am.  CO then goes up from 3 to 13 but stays green, whereas NightShift goes amber.  They must have a lower threshold.

Having 2 is better than 1 I reckon.

Edited by globular

I believe - though i'm happy to be corrected - that the Mobile App is just a contained view of the website; so I can't see it being pulled from the Play Store.

I like nightshift too, i think it's a nice little app; though the only forecast I really use, is by looking out of the window....