Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi All

Carl

Hi All,my name is Carl and i`m from Oxford.I`ve been doing astronomy for 1 year,started when i went into the hair dressers and they had the astronomy now magazine fought this look interesting cause it was the June edition,with the Venus transit.Went home tolled my mum i liked astronomy and we went to David hinds and got a 114 inch newtonion reflector.I know it`s a bit of a stupid way to start but we all start somewhere.

Hi Carl,

Welcome to the forums! It sounds like a perfectly good way to get into astronomy to me! I don't think there is any 'right' way!

How are you finding the hobby?

I hope you enjoy using the forums,

Grant

[move][glow=red,2,300]Welcome to the Forum Carl[/glow] :)[/move]

Hi carl,

Thats a pretty neat story, i hope you find our forum to be of interest and fun! You prob know many of the members from the Yahoo group we had.

James :)

Hi Carl

I have a 114 myself, although yours is probably in millimeters, not inches. If it was 114 inches (9.5 feet), you would be the most popular amateur astronomer :):):):)

Welcome, indeed.

Darren

You only have to relise that what you are looking at only a tiny fraction of the worlds population ever see... that makes it all worth while.

Welcome to the forum Carl, hope you like it here.

Regards

Ant

Archived