SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Venus from Saturday morning 22nd August

Pete Presland

The conditions seemed to have deteriorated from the earlier Mars session when Venus was finally clear of the houses.  Good to see Venus again but very little detail on show this time.

Captured with my C9.25, Asi 290mm, UV filter and a X1.8 Barlow. 25000 frames SER FILE stacked in A/S3 and lightly sharpened with CS2.

1372777012_2020_08_2206.24UVfilter.png.34aeecef5b488e7e6702cac704ccf4c6.png

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, kev said:

nice image Pete. ive got the first decent sky here for ages.. and late tonight that storm is supposed to come.  

Pouring down here already, got grab every chance you can no matter how small the window is. Hopefully it will stay clear at least for Jupiter and Saturn.

Some cloud detail in there.  It surprised me at first to see Venus facing to the left as I had become so used to it being an evening object and facing right.

The weather of late seems to be conducive to early mornings.  The showers build up in the heat of the day. Roll over and rain until about  1am  ( by which time Jupiter and Saturn are past their best for me).   Then the skies clear at about 3am.    Mars is still high, Venus is quite spectacular and you have the Winter constellations peppering the dawn light...... but setting up the kit at that time takes some dedication.... and silky stealth skills to avoid making a racket !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Craney said:

Some cloud detail in there.  It surprised me at first to see Venus facing to the left as I had become so used to it being an evening object and facing right.

The weather of late seems to be conducive to early mornings.  The showers build up in the heat of the day. Roll over and rain until about  1am  ( by which time Jupiter and Saturn are past their best for me).   Then the skies clear at about 3am.    Mars is still high, Venus is quite spectacular and you have the Winter constellations peppering the dawn light...... but setting up the kit at that time takes some dedication.... and silky stealth skills to avoid making a racket !!

Silky stealth skills, if only.......many loud bumps and bangs, much to the annoyance of other members of the household.  I absolutely love that time of the day though!  

• Like 1