NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Which one?

Just received an email from Astrophysics offering me the chance to purchase a Stowaway. I have my name down for a Baader Travel Companion too, but they’ve been very quiet of late, and the 6 month delivery window timeframe is now passed. 
Decisions to be made now, I cannot justify having both. Any advice from those of you with either would be very welcome.

Thanks,

Chris

5 minutes ago, Cjg said:

Just received an email from Astrophysics offering me the chance to purchase a Stowaway. I have my name down for a Baader Travel Companion too, but they’ve been very quiet of late, and the 6 month delivery window timeframe is now passed. 
Decisions to be made now, I cannot justify having both. Any advice from those of you with either would be very welcome.

Thanks,

Chris

What’s the lead time on the Stowaway, Chris? If they’re soon to ship, why not go with that given the radio silence on the Baader?
A bird in the hand....

• Like 2

Could be ready by the time I’ve hit the ‘Pay Now’ button on PayPal, according to their email.

Baader was 6-9 months from January, so just within their timeframe...I’ve emailed to see where they are. 
Have until Sept 2nd, before my ‘spot’ goes.

Chris

On 19/08/2020 at 21:53, JeremyS said:

What’s the lead time on the Stowaway, Chris? If they’re soon to ship, why not go with that given the radio silence on the Baader?
A bird in the hand....

Should be here by the end of the day on Monday...of course the forecast is for rain / clouds here for all of next week 😂.  Number 434 of the 3rd batch produced. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cjg said:

Should be here by the end of the day on Monday...of course the forecast is for rain / clouds here for all of next week 😂.  Number 434 of the 3rd batch produced. 

Brill! Looking forward to the unboxing pics of this beauty 👍

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Stu said:

I reckon I would go with the Baader myself. @GavStar has both so may be able to comment.

Thank you @Stu.
Am expecting the AP Stowaway tomorrow. The Baader would not arrive in time for my trip (CV19 permitting) to Turkey next month, so I’ve emailed Baader asking if they would mind passing “my” Travel Companion to the next person in the queue. If they insist, I’ll happily take it in Nov / Dec and then have a decision to make. 
Hopefully unboxing and photos tomorrow, but next week looks full of clouds and rain all week, so first light might not happen for a while. 
Chris

• Like 1

If you have the funds available why not take both and decide with your own eyes which is best for you. They’re both desirable so I doubt you would lose much, if any, money on the one you decide to sell. Nice problem to have 😉

• Like 1