SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

The Network Nebula, and an interesting shockwave.

RobH

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not really referring to them so much as the entire subject of astronomy, which is dictated by maths, not observation

Hmmm, if only you had mentioned this a year ago. I could have bought a decent calculator and saved my saved thousands of pounds.

I am not really referring to them so much as the entire subject of astronomy, which is dictated by maths, not observation

Hmmm, if only you had mentioned this a year ago. I could have bought a decent calculator and saved my saved thousands of pounds.

Me too!!!

Surely though, the maths, in the final analysis, has to be backed up by observation. If not then, dark matter, for example, must be a proven thing. The maths say it is there as the gravitational effect can be calculated, so why are squillions of dollars being spent on actually trying to find the stuff.

Cheers

Rob

I'm not interested in the Science and would never claim to be even an amateur "astronomer" just the beauty of the objects that are up there.... The Science and Technology is a means to the end... for me at least as I have enought of both in the day job..... I' ll leave others worry about where we have come from and where we are going... and just chill out trying to produce "pretty" pictures...

Billy...

Another fantastic image Rob. So what's the science behind this shock wave?

Paul, I'm trying to persuade my partners that we need an AP1200, they just can't see that it might have some use in a GP surgery...luddites!

interesting.

but you need a dry environment to store such things.

My house is dry. You can store it there too. I hear the AP1200 likes to travel.

I can also look after the FSQ, it should be in a good home, when you are away

How nice of me to offer, thats just the kind of guy I am

Archived