NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter with Fullerscope

CraigT82

Forecast for last night was good with jetstream speeds of less than 10mph showing on Windy.com, but I don't think that quite materialised as the seeing here in Bristol was pretty poor with both high frequency blur and low frequency shimmer seen on the capture screen (hot day didn't help either). This made it difficult to focus and I think I was way off on critical focus for this shot, never mid though it's my first Jupiter image for three years!

Fullerscope with Altair GPCAM3 224c and APM 2.7x barlow

I captured 12x1min videos and kept only 7 of them to derotate (used best 40% of those 7 videos in the stacks).  Also captured some standalone IR685nm data which I'm processing now and will add to this topic later.

Cheers

Jupiter 2020-07-30-2158_7-derotated.png

Jupiter 2020-07-30-21215_3-derotated.png

Edited by CraigT82
Added IR image
  • Like 21

Lovely shot Craig. I was observing at the same time so saw two of the lovely festoons.

Do you mind if I share your image with my group who were observing last night to highlight what we were seeing? Obviously it has your credit on it so no problems there.

9 minutes ago, Stu said:

Lovely shot Craig. I was observing at the same time so saw two of the lovely festoons.

Do you mind if I share your image with my group who were observing last night to highlight what we were seeing? Obviously it has your credit on it so no problems there.

Thanks Stu, no worries about sharing 👍 

• Thanks 1