NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

A Gaudy Broom...

DaveS

...Or my Swimming Sea Dragon has gone tropical!

This is 12 hours [SII], and 6 hours each HII and [OIII] in Hubble Palette.

Capture with 130mm f/7 TS Apo, ASI1600 and 3nm Astrodon filters in Nautical Dark, encoder guided.

Stacking, Trichomy and DDP in AstroArt 7 then into Affinity Photo as a 16 bit TIFF for Selective Colour, Curves and Clarity. Exported as JPEG

380642263_NewBroomSHO1266GRDDPGRCCCB.thumb.jpg.0655af0f3a78c9d100ebe89050a8482d.jpg

I think I shall leave it there as regards to data capture, at least until after we gat real darkness back, though I may well reprocess it.

• Like 14

Thanks for the votes of confidence folks. I know SHO isn't to everybody's taste, but I wanted to give it a shot for "completeness". I may have overcooked a bit on the left, as some of the filaments have gone white, suggesting burn out.  Possibly due to injudicious curves in Affinity as the DDP looked OK.

Thanks.

I know it's usual to do this in HOO, but I have a sneaking liking for the Hubble Palette

I imaged this back in '17 I think in NHO and had a long discussion with @Gina over NHO , and whether it was genuine, way back in the Anybody Playing? thread (I think it was in regard of Mel15). We decided that the "[NII]" signal was largely due to bleedthrough from the HII line, so I've gone for SHO here, and the [SII] signal does look separated from the HII.