NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Mission Accomplished

About 3 months ago I posted asking for opinions on the Baader Zoom against fixed focal length eyepieces and I was considering purchasing the Hyperion eyepieces. The overwhelming response was that the Morpheus range was much better in every respect, particularly in an F5 newtonian.

As a result I purchased the Morpheus 17.5mm and I was really impressed with the immersive wide field view. Images were crisp and sharp to the edges and the contrast provided by the eyepiece really impressed. The build quality, I can only describe as outstanding.

Lockdown then came upon us and, as a diabetic, I was told to work from home......with no exceptions!! I am grateful that I work in the public sector so my job was safe and I could carry out my current role at home, just as well as I could in the office. The upside was that I saved a fortune in petrol, lunches, coffee breaks.....and retirement collections!! I used this money to purchase the remaining five eyepieces in the Morpheus range, receiving the last one yesterday from FLO.

I have had to get some more case foam and re-arrange two cases to accommodate them and i have not had the opportunity to try them all yet with these shorter lighter night but I can't wait for the nights to draw in and I can start using them. I would like to use them as 2 inch but I'm afraid all my filters are 1.25" so I may have to put my hand in my pocket again in the near future!!!!......Does it ever end?!?

Thanks for the advice all those that contributed 3 months ago.......I've told my wife it was your fault!

IMG_0294.thumb.jpeg.b763e155f4cca8991b57ae46b858725e.jpeg

IMG_0293.thumb.jpeg.90d813548d64e862eb1da8b1c571932b.jpeg

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Jiggy 67 said:

I would like to use them as 2 inch but I'm afraid all my filters are 1.25" so I may have to put my hand in my pocket again in the near future!!!!

You would continue to screw filters onto the bottom 1.25" thread, so no change there in 2" mode.  In 2" mode, you do have to rack your focuser out by the difference between the 1.25" shoulder and the 2" shoulder because the eyepiece is seated more deeply in 2" mode.

• Thanks 1

Welcome to the Morpheus fold - possibly your research has already turned up my thread on this range, but if not here is the link.  NB - the header photo is from a related posting further on in - the thread is really about the Morpheuses (Morphii??)  Lots of useful comments in there about them.  I hope you enjoy using them.

.  They appear to be a really well respected line of eye pieces

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JOC said:

Welcome to the Morpheus fold - possibly your research has already turned up my thread on this range, but if not here is the link.  NB - the header photo is from a related posting further on in - the thread is really about the Morpheuses (Morphii??)  Lots of useful comments in there about them.  I hope you enjoy using them.

.  They appear to be a really well respected line of eye pieces

Thanks JOC