Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New ZWO ZWO ASI2400MC-P Camera

ZWO will soon release a new full-frame camera 🙂 

The ZWO ASI 2400MC Pro will use Sony's latest back-illuminated IMX410 full frame sensor with 5.94um pixels that provide a well depth of 100ke. 

Essentially it is a large format camera with slightly larger pixels than the ASI 6200, making it more suitable for use with medium to longer focal length telescopes. It will also work very well with shorter focal lengths. It does have an impressive specification. 

Main specifications

Bayer Pattern: Gb B R Gr
Sensor: Sony-IMX410
Size: 36x24mm (full-frame)
Pixel size: 5.94
Shutter: Rolling
Resolution: 6072 x 4042
Spectral range: 200~1000nm
Read Noise: 1.1-6.4 e
QE: TBD
MAX FPS: 8fps
ADC: 14bit

The price hasn't been announced but we are predicting < £4k

We don't have a release date but ZWO say this new camera has "entered the final development stage" so we think it is close... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That's interesting, but what we need from ZWO are more MONO cameras, OSC is of very limited utility. ATM there's a big gap between the low-end, small sensor and compromised 183 and 1600 and the eye watering 6200 with its huge data sets.

• Like 3

what's up with the Bayer Pattern: Gb B R Gr

Does current software have an interpolation algorhithm for this and what are the benefits? I found this reference:

https://www.imagesensors.org/Past Workshops/2007 Workshop/2007 Papers/070 Kim et al.pdf

but I need to look into it some more....a bit of a futile exercise for me (academic I suppose) as not only do I not have the funds for this camera, but also I don't have a large and long enough scope for it 🤣 

1 hour ago, DaveS said:

That's interesting, but what we need from ZWO are more MONO cameras, OSC is of very limited utility. ATM there's a big gap between the low-end, small sensor and compromised 183 and 1600 and the eye watering 6200 with its huge data sets.

Ditto.

Plus, I'm a bit wary of these full frame sensors. Great on paper, sure, but a lot more difficult to deal with (need for a bigger flat field, more sensitive to misalignments, etc)

• Like 1

Another nice offering from zwo ! Certainly if the 6200 is anything to go by this will be a great sensor. Could do with a long term replacement for my asi071 dual setup 🤔