NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Anyone else capture this Fireball?

I captured this Meteor/Fireball early this morning on my newly installed Allysky camera. I was wondering if anyone else had managed to capture it on there Allsky cameras.. It happened at 03:12 -03:15 just as the sky was getting lighter.

The clip is from dawn till dusk and the event took place near the end of the video.

cheers

Peter

• Like 7

Hi Peter

I was looking at this again, and would be fairly sure it's a plane and the contrails.  I shared it on the meteor network along with my views, and the consensus is that - it's a plane - sadly not a superb fireball.

Incidentally there was a fireball spotted last night, but it was at 22:18.

Best wishes

Adam.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

Hi Peter

I was looking at this again, and would be fairly sure it's a plane and the contrails.  I shared it on the meteor network along with my views, and the consensus is that - it's a plane - sadly not a superb fireball.

Best wishes

Adam.

Thats a shame I got really excited about that one and it certainly fooled me, but it does seem very bright for an aircraft and normally wouldnt navigation lights would be visible?..

Edited by peter shah

Just now, peter shah said:

Thats a shame it certainly fooled me, but it does seem very bright for an aircraft and normally wouldnt navigation lights would be visible?..

Probably light from the sun is reflecting off it, given the time of the morning.  Would have been a nice one though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tooth_dr said:

Probably light from the sun is reflecting off it, given the time of the morning.  Would have been a nice one though.

would have been awesome....but like so many things too good to be true....but there was this one from the same footage ...i know this isnt an aircraft

image.thumb.png.513894c7c8c092c2efe56c43323be02c.png

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

Hi Peter

Best wishes

Adam.

funnily enough buzz on facebook last night at a loud explosion over corby on the kingswood estate area heard in neighbouring villages 5 mile away large white flash heard and someone said sounded like stones dropping 

2 minutes ago, peter shah said:

would have been awesome....but like so many things too good to be true....but there was this one from the same footage ...i know this isnt an aircraft

image.thumb.png.513894c7c8c092c2efe56c43323be02c.png

Thats a nice capture.  I really like having my ASC, but I dont check it as often as I should.  I have a lot of data saved.  I record and store all the images as I am collecting data on behalf of a local accredited dark site.

3 minutes ago, bottletopburly said:

funnily enough buzz on facebook last night at a loud explosion over corby on the kingswood estate area heard in neighbouring villages 5 mile away large white flash heard and someone said sounded like stones dropping

The one at 10 oclock?  That's very interesting.

2 minutes ago, bottletopburly said:

It was before 11 pm will see if the mrs can find the posts on FB

That will be the same one.  I read a report of it breaking up and spreading out.  Cool!