Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Almost set up the C11 in the RoR

Hi all, got all the different cameras connected via APT and Sharpcap. Focus wheel connected. Telescope fans and dew shield heater connected but I'm having real trouble connecting the neq6 to the computer. Download ascom and pad plus drivers but computer won't connect nor will APT to the mount, I've tried through the hand controller and through Bluetooth. Any suggestions. 

IMG_20200508_131229.jpg

IMG_20200508_131257.jpg

IMG_20200508_131023.jpg

• Like 2

Nice set-up.....you have the same cable issues I have ;)

I use EQMod/ CdC to control my HEQ6.

Local laptop running all the camera/ PHD stuff and latest ASCOM and EQMod

10 hours ago, Nigella Bryant said:

Download ascom and pad

You don't normally need the "Pad" - this seems to be a default on the download page you need:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/eq-mod/files/EQASCOM/EQASCOM_V200q_Setup.exe/download

I use a EQDir cable between the laptop and the mount...leave the handcontroller in the drawer....

I power up the mount etc then open CdC, use the connect Icon to bring up the ASCOM screen, set this to EQMod Ascom HEQ5/6 and press connect.

This then brings up the EQMod control panel. You can set your preferred park position (to clear the roof) and use the mini direction keys to slew the scope.

• Thanks 1

Nigella,

I'm sure it will all come good....

While you're waiting for the cable, when you download EQMod it also downloads the excellent users manual - to the same folder. Well worth reading through....

If I can assist further just let me know.

1 minute ago, Merlin66 said:

Nigella,

I'm sure it will all come good....

While you're waiting for the cable, when you download EQMod it also downloads the excellent users manual - to the same folder. Well worth reading through....

If I can assist further just let me know.

Thanks Merlin, appreciate the help. May well ask lot's of questions, lol.

I have the bluetooth dongle and have had to uninstall it and reinstall it on occasion.

Check it has assigned a com port # that ascom will recognise, IIRC mine assigned it as com port 30 but ascom/eqmod only goes up to 16, I could wrong on the actual numbers .

1 hour ago, Ibbo! said:

I have the bluetooth dongle and have had to uninstall it and reinstall it on occasion.

Check it has assigned a com port # that ascom will recognise, IIRC mine assigned it as com port 30 but ascom/eqmod only goes up to 16, I could wrong on the actual numbers .

Hi, my computer recognised the bluetooth device but wouldn't assign a com port.