NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

telescope camera

good evening bought myself this camera for my skywatcher 150pl anyone else got one if so do you know how to set it up and how to use toupsky as read manual inside out but still cant get it to work any help please my main use will be moon photography so need to know settings if possible please

BRESSER Full HD Deep-Sky Camera & Guider 1.25

Try downloading Sharpcap, it's free and very popular so plenty of help available. Use a medium gain to start off and adjust exposure time til looks ok on screen. Take a video of approx 30 seconds and stack the frames with Autostakkert (also free) when saved tweak sharpness in registax (again ... free) good luck and have fun.

28 minutes ago, tony69 said:

good evening bought myself this camera for my skywatcher 150pl anyone else got one if so do you know how to set it up and how to use toupsky as read manual inside out but still cant get it to work any help please my main use will be moon photography so need to know settings if possible please

BRESSER Full HD Deep-Sky Camera & Guider 1.25

I'd throw away the supplied software and download Sharpcap .

have down loaded that but same problem this is all new to me just need some help setting it up be good if it was auto focus what settings do I use please

good evening iam looking for help setting up my BRESSER Full HD Deep-Sky Camera to my skywatcher 150pl have attached a 2 x barlow and attached to telescope and set up sharpcap software but only seem to be getting yellow and green screen that does change colour if I point in different direction and it has lines through it but no image displayed have read many hints and tips and watched videos but still no luck can anyone advice please

many thanks tony

What are you pointing the scope at whilst using the camera? Is this in the day ot at night? The changing light levels on the screen show it's working ok. I'd probably test it without the Barlow first if you can? Point the scope at a far off tree or spire using an eyepiece first then gently switch out the ep for the camera and refocus 

8 minutes ago, CraigT82 said:

What are you pointing the scope at whilst using the camera? Is this in the day ot at night? The changing light levels on the screen show it's working ok. I'd probably test it without the Barlow first if you can? Point the scope at a far off tree or spire using an eyepiece first then gently switch out the ep for the camera and refocus 

good evening I have tried this all ok until I attached camera then it just showed yellow/green screen do I need to change any settings on pc or should image just appear thank you for help

9 minutes ago, tony69 said:

good evening I have tried this all ok until I attached camera then it just showed yellow/green screen do I need to change any settings on pc or should image just appear thank you for help

You probably need to adjust the focusing. The yellow/green colour shows that the camera is working but the telescope is out of focus.

3 minutes ago, Cornelius Varley said:

You probably need to adjust the focusing. The yellow/green colour shows that the camera is working but the telescope is out of focus.

ok will give it a go is it ok to leave 2x barlow attached thank you

2 minutes ago, CraigT82 said:

Leave the Barlow off for now, see if you can get it focused without

thank you and last question should the image just appear on screen once it focuses or do I need to change settings thank you

You will need to adjust the exposure setting, should be a slider. In the daytime the exposure will need to be very short, just a few milliseconds. The gain slider should also be set to low as well.  Sorry I'm not familiar with sharpcap so dont know where these settings are.

If at night you will want to be pointing at the moon as it's hard to miss! Might need 10 or 20 milliseconds on that. 

1 hour ago, CraigT82 said:

You will need to adjust the exposure setting, should be a slider. In the daytime the exposure will need to be very short, just a few milliseconds. The gain slider should also be set to low as well.  Sorry I'm not familiar with sharpcap so dont know where these settings are.

If at night you will want to be pointing at the moon as it's hard to miss! Might need 10 or 20 milliseconds on that. 

thanks you so much for your help will give it a try next time I am home

9 hours ago, happy-kat said:

If you are using windows 10 you could check your privacy settings on the camera, I have found w10 had blocked my webcam and had to change privacy before sharpcap could show the image.

ok thank you will check