Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

camera and cold weather

Taff

I sometimes get problems with the camera (400D) locking up, have to remove the battery to reset, since changing to a power lead instead of battery the problem has gone away, only happens if temp is more than -2 or more.

Although many people operate Canons in sub zero temperatures they are not rated for it, check the specs, If not a mechanical problem the battery is the most likely cause.

Brendan

Do the Canon cameras not have an available power supply unit.?

I'm not suggesting it will improve the problem here, but at least a constant regulated supply would be

preferable when imaging.

My Olympus E-500 makes use of a Dummy battery holder, to which an external supply can be connected.

As the Canon cameras are the much preferred choice for Imaging, I would expect there is an available product to suit it.

Ron. :)

I have a canon 450d power lead from astronomiser too, they do exactly what they say on the tin :) they also get slightly warm so may help keep the camera from getting sluggish. I must say I'm slightly confused about the canon not liking sub zero temperatures, after seeing some peltier cooling mods for a couple of cameras....

Archived