SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M94 Croc's Eye Galaxy - LRGB stacks added to first post if anyone wants to try.

tooth_dr

1 hour ago, happy-kat said:

concatenated

That is a word I’ve never heard before. Google to the rescue 😂

Losing packets sounds like a euphemism for spending in AP.   Should get that looked at 🤪

3 hours ago, tooth_dr said:

That is a word I’ve never heard before. Google to the rescue 😂

Losing packets sounds like a euphemism for spending in AP.   Should get that looked at 🤪

Being a spreadsheet nerd, whenever i hear the word 'Concatentate' i can't help but think of MS Excel.

Sad but true 😅

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the latest version, and probably final version.  The blue stars are bit bigger than I would have liked, but from taking the advice on here and looking at the data again with fresh eyes, the RGB data was not collected well, and the focus was poor on the green and blue channels.  I dont have the capacity to control the focus on the ED80 reliably.

M94-LRGB-3.thumb.jpg.9077d50fb2461dc746fdada6fdde2d85.jpg

RGB-channels.gif.e7da64760b9ecc14f43da82516651b11.gif

• Like 4

Adam, that's a massive improvement from the original. I'd be very proud of that! 

Ok, the colour data will never be perfect, as your animated gif perfectly shows, but it doesn't in any way detract from what is clearly a great image. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Xiga said:

Adam, that's a massive improvement from the original. I'd be very proud of that! 

Ok, the colour data will never be perfect, as your animated gif perfectly shows, but it doesn't in any way detract from what is clearly a great image. 

Thanks completely to your help Ciaran.  Undoubtedly you have put me back on track again, of actually enjoying processing.  I am indebted to you for that  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, tooth_dr said:

Thanks completely to your help Ciaran.  Undoubtedly you have put me back on track again, of actually enjoying processing.  I am indebted to you for that  

More than happy to help Adam. Processing should be fun, so i'm glad to hear you're enjoying it again 😀

• Like 1