Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First Image of Venus

stevewanstall

This is my first ever decent image of Venus.

I used Celestron 9.25  with ZWO ASI1600MM , 800 x 600 pixel sensor size, binned 1 x 1, at a frame rate of 30 fps, with a red filter. (I also tried a higher pixel size, but the frame rate was low and Registax wouldn't show anything sensible)

I took  1000 frames then used Registax to align and process the best 200.

I have a barlow but it is a junk one and does more harm than good photographically!

1760962332_20200414-Apr142020a.jpg.452f96847e01f5350f363eab4562d7d8.jpg

Having seen CraigT82's posts,  I almost didn't show mine, then decided we all have to start somewhere! 

• Like 12

18 minutes ago, stevewanstall said:

Having seen CraigT82's posts,  I almost didn't show mine, then decided we all have to start somewhere! 

Craig's picture is excellent, but I really like your image too. The crop is nice, gives it a kind of artistic ambiance. If this is your first decent image, then it's a very good start I think!

Edited by Waddensky

Just now, CraigT82 said:

That's a great first effort... even a great tenth effort! Sharp, nicely processed and I like the framing too. Onwards and upwards! 

5 minutes ago, Waddensky said:

Craig's picture is excellent, but I really like your image too. The crop is nice, gives it a kind of artistic ambiance. If this is your first decent image, then it's a very good start I think!

Thank you both.  

Admit it, you found a PingPong ball and took a picture 😛

Actually, I do like it. And yes, post post post your pictures. If we only left it to people who create fantastic images then we would only be seeing maybe 2 pictures per year...Boring!! As a best of your first attempts...I would say yours is also an excellent image. I do like it. Having tried imaging Venus myself the Wednesday evening( yet to process ) I will be very surprised if mine comes out anywhere near as good as yours. 

Well done.

Thanks for sharing.

Dave.

On 16/04/2020 at 09:00, Star101 said:

Admit it, you found a PingPong ball and took a picture 😛

Actually, I do like it. And yes, post post post your pictures. If we only left it to people who create fantastic images then we would only be seeing maybe 2 pictures per year...Boring!! As a best of your first attempts...I would say yours is also an excellent image. I do like it. Having tried imaging Venus myself the Wednesday evening( yet to process ) I will be very surprised if mine comes out anywhere near as good as yours. 

Well done.

Thanks for sharing.

Dave.

Thanks Dave. I tried again the next day but the seeing was appalling and I wasn't able to get even a halfway decent image. I have just bought a focus motor so hopefully that might make focusing a bit  more accurate on my next attempt!