Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Venus false colour - my best yet.

CraigT82

19 minutes ago, lukebl said:

That Fullercope really is a planet-killer.

Yes I've been getting more impressed with it everytime I use it lately. The great seeing on the 9th really allowed it to show it's mettle.  I had it up for sale a while ago but now very glad I had no takers.

Thank's for the kind words everyone.

Have been experimenting by adding the UV data from the 9th onto the colour data I captured on the 10th with a GPCAM3 224c.

More of a true colour view I think with the normally cloud detail coming from the UV. 

Venus_L plus UV_10th April-02.jpeg

• Like 9

On 13/04/2020 at 00:19, ArmyAirForce said:

Lovely image. What time of day are you shooting Venus and approximately what altitude is it? I've shot Venus both daytime and evening, but only in IR. I haven't tried daytime since buying the UV filter.

I'm shooting in blue skies from about 6.30 - 8.00pm ish when it disappears behind a tree. Altitude about 50 degrees down to 40 degrees. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, markse68 said:

Wow Craig- incredible! (Doesn’t look anything like that through mine 😂)

No it doesnt look anything like that through mine either... it's the miracle that is fast cameras and stacking! 

• Like 1