NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Beautiful Dawn

Needing to start work at 5.30am, I was up and about early this morning so just wandered across the road to have a look at the beautiful conjunction of the Moon, Jupiter, Saturn and Mars. It was stunning I must say, I took some binos to have a pan across them but largely enjoyed it naked eye, standing there for some time drinking it in, along with the lovely dawn chorus. Similar again tomorrow with the Moon a little further across obviously.

I managed a half decent picture, the video just about shows Saturn and Mars if you look carefully, but I’m mainly including it so you can hear the lovely birdsong.

858CEEAF-751C-4FA3-8EB4-B797EA2C944B.jpeg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Needing to start work at 5.30am, I was up and about early this morning so just wandered across the road to have a look at the beautiful conjunction of the Moon, Jupiter, Saturn and Mars. It was stunning I must say, I took some binos to have a pan across them but largely enjoyed it naked eye, standing there for some time drinking it in, along with the lovely dawn chorus. Similar again tomorrow with the Moon a little further across obviously.

I managed a half decent picture, the video just about shows Saturn and Mars if you look carefully, but I’m mainly including it so you can hear the lovely birdsong.

858CEEAF-751C-4FA3-8EB4-B797EA2C944B.jpeg

How nice @Stu.. Right going to be up and about tomorrow before work for this. Forecast looks good for it too. Thanks for sharing - Stay Safe buddy

• Like 1

This is my shot from this morning. Light haze over the Moon but that just added to the atmosphere. Quite impressive in that this was a handheld 3 second shot, showing that the image stabilisation works very well.

Video is included for your daily dose of birdsong, complete with gulls calling over the reservoir this morning. You can just about see Saturn and Mars still.

AB980E62-9F6E-43C8-9BB1-322B79BA5422.jpeg

• Like 3

I was also up at 5am. Had a peek out of my front window and could just see the moon and jupiter slightly above the  opposite houses. No chance of getting a scope on them but they looked great to the naked eye. It was lovely seeing Jupiter again. I'm now really excited that Mars is ascending, I haven't viewed it yet.

• Like 2