Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mosaic at 3200mm

don4l

Last night the seeing was better than normal.  I put a Takahashi 1.6 extender onto the back of the Tal200 and the results were way beyond anything that I have managed before.  I've also been playing with the settings in Sharpcap and been surprised with the differences that some settings make.  This was shot in Raw16, Brightness 3, Gain 35 and Colour balance "Auto".  I've no idea why "Auto" colour should make a difference, but it does seem to.  There are 24 panels.

This was processed in Autostakkert2! with the sharpening option.  I tried the wavelets in Registax, but this didn't seem to produce any improvement.

I also tried a couple of shots with a 2x barlow (total 6400mm) and these came out OK,  but there would be far too much work involved in combining 80+ panels!!!

Sorry about my poor mosaicing skills. 

moon310320.jpg

Edited by don4l
  • Like 11

Beautiful - I certainly cannot tell this is a mosaic. It is quite similar to an image I posted a few minutes ago. It interesting to compare different telescopes and processing. Keep up with the great work! Piero

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CraigT82 said:

Very nice mosaic. Have you tried MSice for stitching... doesnt get any easier than msice and the results are good in my experience. 

I'm still quite new at this, so I have an awful lot to get to grips with - (what focal length to use,  Sharpcap or FireCapture, all the settings in both, etc, etc, etc.)

I had a quick go at ICE and wasn't making progress, so I have put that on a back burner for a while.  In the meantime,  I'm learning about new features in Gimp.  "Layer Groups" are a fantastic aid in this sort of work.