Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Comet C/2019 Y4 Atlas 27-03-2020

Compilation of 60 x 60 sec subs aligned on the comet in PI. All processing in PI. Also a star aligned image using the same subs to show it's movement.

C_2019_Y4_Atlas_27_03_2020_RASA_UVIR_star_aligned.png

C-2019_Y4_Atlas 60 mins_RASA_UVIR.png

Edited by fwm891
wrong file uploaded
  • Like 11

9 hours ago, fwm891 said:

@Anthonyexmouth I imaged the comet with a Celestron RASA 8 at f2 with an ASI294MC Pro cooled to -20°C. Processed in PI. Image is cropped to remove stacking edges

Ah cool, so imaging at 480mm isn't too short then. I'll give that comet a go if it clears. Not taken my 294 down to -20, do you think its worth pushing it a bit lower than my usual -15? 

7 hours ago, Anthonyexmouth said:

Ah cool, so imaging at 480mm isn't too short then. I'll give that comet a go if it clears. Not taken my 294 down to -20, do you think its worth pushing it a bit lower than my usual -15? 

Probably not much difference but I use -20°C as a standard. Easily reached in winter and in range for summer nights.

1 minute ago, fwm891 said:

Probably not much difference but I use -20°C as a standard. Easily reached in winter and in range for summer nights.

last summer i found i was running at 85% to maintain -15 so stuck with that throughout the year. not sure i could get to -20 all year down here in devon.