Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

ISS West Of the Moon, East of Venus, West of the Pleiades

Last night there was an interesting passage of the ISS whose path dodged the Moon, Venus and the Pleiades. The picture is an integration of 13 images. There are gaps in the ISS path - as I had taken 10 seconds images with a gap of approx 3-4 seconds between them.

I wonder what the astronauts think of what is happening on planet Earth...

Piero

https://www.astrobin.com/full/3shhx2/0/

integration.jpg

• Like 8

Fantastic sequence, thanks for posting.  Yes, I have been wondering what must be going through their minds up there.  They’ll come back to a very different world. 

• Like 1

Nice, thanks Piero.   Saw this from the front door step, passed over the top of the house, run out to back garden to see it still bright disappearing off in the distance (towards Letchworth ?).  Moon, Venus & the ISS bright and crisp, a really good one.

Edited by Mick J
  • Like 1

They were all lined last night but amazingly the ISS dodge them like in a cosmic game of snooker... 

By the way I think Venus will be visiting the Pleiades soon... of course it wil be cloudy...

• Like 1