Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

High Resolution Crescent Lunar Mosaic (23 Panels)

matt_baker

Taken with a Celestron C14 pier mounted on a CGE (old) and QHY5L-II M @ 30fps 1280x960

23 Panels in total 

Stacked in AutoStakkert! 3, stitched in ICE and processed in PI and PS

Could have done more sharpening but I felt like it'll be too unnatural, especially up close.

Final PNG came out at 8272x4108 or 33.9MP

CC is welcome :)

Matt 

18_36_01_lapl4_ap699_stitchhh.png

• Like 16

That is beautiful.  There's an excellent sense of vertigo (as if on a v steep mountain face) when looking at the left hand side in closeup (10 o'clock-ish).  Only Q I can come up is that when you zoom in on the big mar (if that's what it's called?), there are little black dots - are those features or is that something on the camera or the processing.  It's a beautiful piece - you could sell prints of that!

Edited by vineyard
typo

1 hour ago, vineyard said:

That is beautiful.  There's an excellent sense of vertigo (as if on a v steep mountain face) when looking at the left hand side in closeup (10 o'clock-ish).  Only Q I can come up is that when you zoom in on the big mar (if that's what it's called?), there are little black dots - are those features or is that something on the camera or the processing.  It's a beautiful piece - you could sell prints of that!

I'm pretty sure they're craters, I hope they're not dust specks!

The next two days are clear and the moon is high in the sky, so should be very good for a compilation of the moon phases and some more high res mosaics! But my hard drive might be a bit full with the amount of panels I'll need for a 50% moon