Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mac OS Siril help

Hi,
I'm currently trying to use Siril v0.9.12. I have stacked some images, set the RGB channels to 'AutoStretch' then ran the 'Remove Green Noise' filter and I have a half decent RGB image in the 'RGB image' window, the 'rgb.jpeg' (the bottom) attachment taken via a screen grabber. The only issue I appear to be having is saving that image so I can take into Photoshop. I can either right-click on the image then save as either a JPG, BMP, TIF, PNG or FITs. Or I can go via 'File > Save as...'. It saves but when I preview this image in any other image program, it is the original stacked 'Linear' image as the 'jk.jpg' (the top) attachment. I managed to get a full RGB image out of Siril once but I cannot seem to repeat this feat after dozens of further attempts and I'm not sure as to why. I get the same result on two different Mac computers, just a near black image.

Is it a bug in the software or I am just missing something plainly obvious? Thanks for any pointers.

jk.jpg

rgb.jpeg

Edited by rob_r

I am not familiar with Siril but it seems the image is being saved in Linear form.

The display is a stretched version which I am sure can be saved.  The only user manual I can find is in French!  Have a look at the video tutorials on their site to give you some pointers.

• Like 1

I remember once having some problems where the image when exported out was v dark (and colourless).  Not sure if that's the same problem as you're having.  From memory, I went back and clicked on debayer on the first step, and re-stacked and then it was fine.  (But this is a while ago so I may be misremembering!).  Good luck!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarkAR said:

Definitely need to tick the debayering box first.

Looks like this was the missing piece of the puzzle, tick the box and then restack. I have managed to save the image but it doesn't seem all that usable. I'll have a play around with it and see. Thanks for the replies and links. 

• 2 months later...

Hi

The auto stretch allows you to see any artefacts that need correcting such as cropping stacking errors etc. You need to choose the histogram option in image processing tab and perform the actual stretch before saving the imaging.  Hope this helps.