Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Barnard's Loop

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steve.

I find you have to do some pretty drastic star reduction coupled with soem extreme B&C tweakign to get Astronometry.net to solve these widefield images...took a few attempts to get it to solev the cygnus rift area og the Milkyway but got there eventually...

Permission to play Sir?

There you go....

http://live.astrometry.net/status.php?job=alpha-200812-88361446

Result was instant after the first round of tweaks...

heres the version of your image I submitted Steve...

11137_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

A couple of runs of star reduction , conversion to grayscale, tweaks of B&C , and told Astronometery to look to match field between 15 and 30 degrees wide...

Billy...

Well done Billy - an interesting 'quad' that they used for the solve as well although I guess that it was as good as any! I like to challenge the system as at the end of the day, end users will not tweak to suit the system, they will expect the system to tweak itself. Useful to know that it can be 'forced' to solve though - thanks for that!

Well done Billy - an interesting 'quad' that they used for the solve as well although I guess that it was as good as any! I like to challenge the system as at the end of the day, end users will not tweak to suit the system, they will expect the system to tweak itself. Useful to know that it can be 'forced' to solve though - thanks for that!

Cheers Steve,

The processing only took a few secs as I now know what needs to be done...it took a while to ghet it to solve my first MW image though think it was about 8 attempts...

I took a punt on you allowing me to tweak and submit the image ... I think giving it a reduce FOV ranege helped as well as i guess the solver must timeout... by default it something like 0.1 - 180 degrees...

Billy...

Yu have a pm as well :(

I think giving it a reduce FOV ranege helped as well as i guess the solver must timeout... by default it something like 0.1 - 180 degrees...

I gave it a range of 20 - 30 degrees to help it on its way!

Must have been ovewhelmed by the stars... I can remeber someone saying it would be easy to write a plate solver... :(

Billy...

You too have PM.

Archived