NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Ah Hem!

Altocumulus

email just dropped in my inbox....

With Lunt Solar Systems new Modular Telescope line up,
versatility is the name of the game! 

Say Hello to the NEW LS60MT, LS80MT,
LS100MT & LS130MT

Truly an all in one telescope experience; each can easily be configured between Hydrogen Alpha, White Light, Calcium K, Night Time and Terrestrial Uses, in minutes!

Goodness, I got v excited and looked at the website.  And stopped when I saw the list price of $5,785 for the Lunt 100MT 😱

Luckily have managed to mod my little Lunt 50 to work with my 102mm refractor for about 5% of that cost - will stick to that (and its modular too as I can swap the Lunt out for night-time viewing) 😃

Cheers!

Those are crippling prices, especially when considering i would have to add about 35% for the exchange rate to Canadian dollars, no thanks, i would want the 80mm at least. It would end up costing me about 

$7000 CAD including taxes and shipping, unfathomable.

Edited by Sunshine

Yeah, lovely idea, I'd love to upgrade my lunt 60mm double stack next year but the cost us astronomical, lol. I'd also lose about 50% on my current iteration. The 60mm double stack new is £5000. Mines several years old 2011 pressure tuned but still fantastic views and imaging with it. I'd want at least an 80mm double stack and at best the 100mm double stack but I'm looking at maga cost, lol. One can dream, lol